Help please - Prince Borovik quest - teleport to Solovey

Forum for discussing Hero of Lukomorye I.

Help please - Prince Borovik quest - teleport to Solovey

Postby Totallylost » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:48 pm

Hello,

I’ve just recently got into the Quest and have really enjoyed playing the original on the iPad plus the expansion Islands of Ice and Fire so I thought I’d give the Hero of Lukomorye a go... Jeez people weren’t kidding when they said it was difficult!!

I’ve embarrassingly managed to get myself totally stuck early on in the game on the quest to retrieve the magic mushroom for Prince Borovik. I’ve sneaked my way into The Dookh Village which is where Borovik implies a teleport can be found to Muddy Bryn (ie hidden in the “forbidden parts of this forest”) but I just can’t find it!

I’ve spent hours walking through every square making up the Dookh Village area (West and East) and knocking on doors but with no joy whatsoever. I’ve even gone and completed the quests for the Dookh Village chief in case that would trigger the location of the hidden teleporter but with no joy.

Could someone please tell me where it is so I can kick myself hard for missing the obvious....

Thanks!!
Totallylost

Re: Help please - Prince Borovik quest - teleport to Solovey

Postby Catacomber » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 am

The teleporter is in the south east of Greenwood if you're playing the HD version. But you need to remove a pine tree south of the deep gashes in the ground. To remove the right pine tree you need the Magic Scroll of the Leshiy that Prince Borovik gave you.
Catacomber

Postby Totallylost » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:33 am

Catacomber wrote:The teleporter is in the south east of Greenwood if you're playing the HD version. But you need to remove a pine tree south of the deep gashes in the ground. To remove the right pine tree you need the Magic Scroll of the Leshiy that Prince Borovik gave you.

Thanks so much for the reply.

I managed to figure this out (typically shortly after posting my cry for help) by giving up on looking for the teleporter in the village and deciding to go to Muddy Bryn the hard way - by walking there and then working backwards by discovering the teleporter in that area. So it looks like it's not necessary to go to the village at all in order to recover the magic mushroom but hey at least I ended up with a nice fur coat for my troubles.

Damnit Prince Borovik - why would you prank me by giving me a pass to the village and telling me to look for the teleporter there! Must be that mischievous sense of humour that the forest spirits are known for.
Totallylost

Postby Catacomber » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:30 am

:lol:
Catacomber

Postby Totallylost » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Catacomber wrote::lol:

The worst part is it looks like the HD version has been out now for well over a year but I’m the first person to have got stumped by the new location of the teleporter - I’m suspecting I may not have the necessary patience to get through these games!
Totallylost

Postby Catacomber » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:33 am

The location of the teleporter hasn't changed from the Classic version to the HD version. Only the name of the forest changed.
Catacomber

Postby Totallylost » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:07 am

Catacomber wrote:The location of the teleporter hasn't changed from the Classic version to the HD version. Only the name of the forest changed.

Ah - ok I got it now - Prince Borovik is just a traditionalist who likes to refer to places by their old names!
Totallylost

Return to Hero of Lukomorye I