Game Save Sync Errors - Google Play Games

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Game Save Sync Errors - Google Play Games

Postby soup2nj » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Hello, hoping you can help with message received while playing latest expansion: "Error Synchronizing Saves to the Cloud, Error 4005". Running Android 8.0 on an LG V20, logged into Google Play games. I reinstalled/re-enabled main game and all extensions, removed/reconnected The Quest app in Google account and Google Play Games and cleared caches including Google Play Services. Each game save on device loads and runs with no problems.
soup2nj

Re: Game Save Sync Errors - Google Play Games

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:51 am

That error means that the Google Play Games service was not able to find or create a folder on your device which it needs for transferring the saves.

Do you have enough free space on your device? I don't know how much Google Play Games (or in general Android or your other apps) require, you'd have to judge that.

Have you fully updated your device? Including any possible Android updates and all (Google) apps, especially the Google Play Games apps.

If those are true, please wait a little and try again, maybe it's just a transient error with Google Play Games.

If it still happens, my only idea left is that your device's storage became corrupted. Unfortunately I have no idea how to check for that or correct it if that is the case, apart from a complete device reset/reinstall.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Re: Game Save Sync Errors - Google Play Games

Postby soup2nj » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:15 am

Waiting did the trick!!! Google Play Games pushed app update to my phone last night, issue is now gone. Thank you for your help!!!
soup2nj

Return to Technical Issues