Playing cards with insufficient funds

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Playing cards with insufficient funds

Postby Death (warmed over) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:36 pm

I’ve noticed this before, in other expansions and I think the un-HD base game. I’m using an IPad mini and am in Lucco III and engage in a game of cards, and bet more than I have. The message that I have insufficient funds pops up and the game locks up. Had to reboot the iPad and load a saved game, which I had just done before getting the Dukes High Stepping Boots. Is this a slight program bug or punishment?

A kinder response would be to announce “You have committed a crime” and asses a penalty......

Thanks, Death (warmed over)
Death (warmed over)
Death (warmed over)

Re: Playing cards with insufficient funds

Postby Spam Troll » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:16 pm

Death warmed over wrote:I’ve noticed this before, in other expansions and I think the un-HD base game. I’m using an IPad mini and am in Lucco III and engage in a game of cards, and bet more than I have. The message that I have insufficient funds pops up and the game locks up. Had to reboot the iPad and load a saved game, which I had just done before getting the Dukes High Stepping Boots. Is this a slight program bug or punishment?

A kinder response would be to announce “You have committed a crime” and asses a penalty......

Thanks, Death (warmed over)

I can confirm, with iOS HD v10.0.1 and multiple expansions / cards vendors.

The freeze bug is NOT triggered for some vendors;
apparently only ones with a sufficiently high minimum ante
apparently not. See: Tina Hola
And I can't replicate the second vendor it tripped for me.

I can confirm bugged:
Flay, Smugglers Cave, Caerworn (1000-5000)

Confirm NOT bugged:
Jose, innkeeper Matras, base (10-50)
Taverner Ezersk Underground, HOL2 (100-1000)
Tina Hola, Order of the Sword, HOL2 (1000-10000)
Naum, innkeeper Hibarki, HOL3 (100-1000)
Spam Troll

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:21 am

I've checked fast, it should work. So it must be more involved. :P

I hope it's not a big problem if I leave it at that. (I just have to work on The Quest 2 if there is any hope we'll finish it at all. :) )
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Spam Troll » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:I've checked fast, it should work. So it must be more involved. :P

I hope it's not a big problem if I leave it at that. (I just have to work on The Quest 2 if there is any hope we'll finish it at all. :) )

Fine, fine.
I wouldn't have even noticed if Death warmed over hadn't pointed it out.
(However, I and others WILL notice if TQ2 isn't done by suppertime! :evil: so hurry up! )
Spam Troll

Postby Spam Troll » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:01 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:I've checked fast, it should work. So it must be more involved. :P

btw.
If it helps any (and I'm fairly sure it doesn't help, at all) one of the vendors I listed as "not triggering" the bug (probably Ezersk Taverner) did trigger the bug on first testing.

So it may be transient. Which means, even harder to track down. Which means even more time spent away from working on TQ2. Which means I should delete this comment. Dang.

I would ask if you have anything even slightly resembling an ETA (like..... 2019? 2020-21? 2023+?)
but I know developers don't like ETAs, and I know that even asking pushes the release date back by months or years, so I should delete this comment, too. Darn.
Spam Troll

Return to Technical Issues