Import character to new game

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Import character to new game

Postby Edicus » Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 am

Do I have to finish the first Quest before importing my character to Quest Isles? If not how do I do it?

Thank you!
Edicus

Re: Import character to new game

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat May 11, 2019 6:56 am

All expansions are accessible from the Sea Captains from one of two cities: Matras for low level expansions and Mithria for high level expansions. Islands of Ice and Fire is meant to be played after The Quest, so it's from Mithria.

You don't have to finish the game to go to any expansion (and some low level ones are designed for brand new characters). Although in some cases you can't come back easily after you've went to them, so it's advisable to be cautious. (In case of Islands of Ice and Fire, you can come back just as well as you went but it's still a higher level area. Wondering around with a low level character might be ill advised.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Edicus » Sat May 11, 2019 12:12 pm

What’s a high level or low level expansion? I have quest, , Isles
Edicus

Postby Edicus » Sat May 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Follow up. I have the “quest, isles” app. When I start it I have to create a new character. In the original quest I can take a boat to do “ice and fire” which seems to be the same expansion? But I can’t use my character and launch the expansion, but have to launch through the original app?

Thank you!
Edicus

Postby Prickett » Sat May 11, 2019 4:57 pm

After you enable the expansion in the quest isles app, you should go back to the base application and go to the captain in Mithra. So you’re not importing the character to the expansion, but rather importing the expansion to the base game. However, you can create a character for Islands of Ice and Fire if you wish and play it stand-alone.
Prickett

Postby Prickett » Sat May 11, 2019 4:59 pm

Also, you can check the recommended character level in the app description in the App Store.
Prickett

Return to General Discussion