Transfer Character from Fire and Ice to other games

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Transfer Character from Fire and Ice to other games

Postby satitus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Hello,

I finished Fire and Ice within the app (did not transfer to the main Quest app). Is there any way to transfer this character to other modules? I have imported the save file to the main Quest app (using itunes) but the game opens in the fire and ice, not the original world. How do I import my character from fire and Ice to HOL for instance?
satitus

Re: Transfer Character from Fire and Ice to other games

Postby Druid » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:32 am

I don't really think you can go backwards like that, but you should be able to go on to HOL by just moving the files around in iTunes.
Druid

Postby satitus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Yup whenever I move a saved game file from Fire and Ice to a different expansion, it still either opens in Fire and Ice or crashes. Too bad there isn't a port of travel in Fire and Ice.
satitus

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Of course there is a port of travel in "Islands of Ice and Fire". :) Just not in the standalone version.

If you enable the expansion in the main game and transfer a save to it, when you load it, it'll be in Ice and Fire as expected. Just go back to the port of Eldfell and talk to Captain Haddor. He'll take you back to Mithria for 200 golds. From there you can access most other expansions (except the ones which start from Matras, obviously).
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby satitus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Hmm...I am in the main game in Fire and Ice at the Eldfell Port and see no Captain. He must be hiding ;)
satitus

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:29 am

The game remembers all map blocks you've been to for 7 (in game) days. You don't see the captain, because your game loads NPCs from the save file.

The solution is to make the game respawn the block. Just go to the inn in Eldfell city center and sleep for 22 times (which is just more than 7 days) and then go back to Eldfell port, the captain will be there. :)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby satitus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks!!
satitus

Return to Technical Issues