New expansion

A place to discuss Jacob's expansion pack.

New expansion

Postby Jacob » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 am

Hey, i'm going to be making an expansion. you can play it for free, and download the demo version of the quest so you do not have to pay a thing. The thing is, i want the expansion to have suggestions from everyone so i know how people would like to have it. So please leave suggestions here, such as monsters, the main quest, side quests, weapons, everything..
Jacob
Jacob

Re: New expansion

Postby Turtleman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:10 pm

How hard are you going to make it? Low, Medium or High? Do you have a plot in mind already? I ask because if you do then any suggestions we make could disrupt your plot. If you don't have a plot I can think of a few. If you do have a plot, post a description of your plot and I'll follow your lead. Sounds like this could be fun. Oh, and to be a "bit" self centered do we get to be a character in the game? {chuckle}
Turtleman

Postby Turtleman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:14 pm

One thing I like is huge maps. Others may not though, so majority rules, I guess.
Turtleman

Postby Jacob » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:59 pm

I'm thinking medium, around a level 20-30 character mabe. not sure at the moment though. i don't have any plot. and what do you mean by a character in the game? If you would like to have you in the game i would happily add you, that applys to anyone really, since i'm going to try and make it a community based expansion
Jacob
Jacob

Postby Jacob » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:00 pm

And yeah, it will probally be a big map.
Jacob
Jacob

Postby Turtleman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm thinking like in Boardroom of the Gods, where they give the player quests. Catacomber, Silvergirl, et al. That would be cool.
Turtleman

Postby Turtleman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:21 pm

I had an idea about a mystic relic that controls the weather. It only rains when and where it is needed. Then it is stolen and the thieves accidentally break it into several pieces. It starts raining permanently til all the pieces are reunited and returned to the temple. That could have all kinds of problems for the player. You know how hard it is to rest and recharge when it rains. NPCs could be cranky to the player til each piece is collected. In the beginning, other than giving quests, the NPCs won't help much. NPCs get a little nicer each time a piece is found. Then they help a little more. Each thief has a piece and he's angry at the others. So you could use two approaches with a thief. Flatter them to get it if you have a high Persuade or beat them up. Or, if you're a thief yourself, steal it. Beating them or stealing it could have the effect of making getting the next one harder. Using Persuade could have the effect of getting the next one easier. Lots of possibilities.
Turtleman

Postby Turtleman » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:56 am

I posted this idea in another topic. It might be good in your expansion. Enchanted gems with quests. Enchant a gem with a trap. Drop it on the floor. Then maneuver around til the monster steps on it. Then give the monster to whoever sent you for it. Ha. You could even have it so an enchanted gem with a monster inside is worth more than a plain gem.
Turtleman

Postby Jacob » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:34 am

lol sadly that would be imposible to do with the editor
Jacob

Postby Jacob » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:57 am

seems that you can make enchantable gems, i'll try and make one i my expansion, :)
Jacob

Postby Turtleman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Yeah, I just read that about gems. Someone suggested a weapon to do the same thing. Which could have some cool effects.

It could even be that the mystic relic was alive. Each piece that broke held a piece of the relic's personality. One piece increases the player's Strength. Another the Endurance. Then Intelligence, Repair skill, Stealth, Dexterity, Disarm, Alchemy. Each piece of the relic which the player holds temporarily increases one of the player's attributes by a lot. So that would make players choose which piece to rescue in which order. Warriors might go for the Strength first. Magic users might go for intelligence. Maybe you would need high Alchemy skills to access the increase in stats. Maybe a really high Alchemy to put the pieces back together. And this only works if you capture the relic's living spirit piece. The player would need to capture the Spirit in a weapon or piece of armor.

Sounds complicated but I've seen much more complicated puzzles.

The reward to the player for finishing is that out of 30 skills and attributes the player gets to choose half of them to increase. So it's not a super character maker the player doesn't get to increase everything and the ones chosen only increase by 1 or at most 2 points.

It might be good that the player can only use the relic's piece's for increase one at a time. So the player doesn't become a temporary "super hero" there would still be some limitations. The player has to decide which one to use at each juncture of their quest. From what I said above there could be a restriction that if the player is wearing the Spirit Boots they can't wield the Spirit Sword until they take off the Boots. They can't wield the Spirit Sword AND the Spirit Shield at the same time. So the player would have to plan ahead which Relic Spirit to trap in which weapon or armor. You'd want to trap the Spirit of Intelligence in a helm rather than a pair of boots. You'd want to trap a Spirit of Alchemy in a belt or gloves. That sort of planning.

The choices a player makes increases or decreases the difficulties of getting the rest of the pieces.
Turtleman

Postby Jacob » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Nice idea, i'll see what i can do, it sounds good.
Jacob
Jacob

Postby Bryan Miller » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:20 am

How is the expansion going Jacob?
Bryan Miller

Postby Jacob » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:12 am

Good :) I'm still planning it at the moment lol, i'm waiting untill school holidays so i can spend loads of time on it, and that's only in 5 days :D
Jacob
Jacob

Return to Jacob's expansion