Do you know of any good RPGs on iOS(besides the quest)

Post here about anything which is not about gameplay or the site.

Do you know of any good RPGs on iOS(besides the quest)

Postby Matías111 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Tried Zenonia infinity blade and I didn't like them. Besides the quest do you know of any good retro style rpg? Whether they're 2D or 3D it doesn't matter:p

Btw I recommend trying Dragon Fantasy if you played Zelda II or the first few final fantasy games
Matías111

Re: Do you know of any good RPGs on iOS(besides the quest)

Postby Zax-fa » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Monster kingdom is good. So is lost archipelagos, mithril horde, mithril horde ii, HOL 1-5.
Zax-fa

Postby Matías111 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:59 am

Zax-fa wrote:Monster kingdom is good. So is lost archipelagos, mithril horde, mithril horde ii, HOL 1-5.

HOL was boring. Same with Celtic rift and cursed chess set. I liked horde though(: and isle of I&F
Matías111

Postby noobpod » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Let's see, Zenonia 1-4, Order and Chaos, cartoon wars 1-2, swords and sandels, the bards tale, Aralon sword and shaodw and choice of the dragon are all good games.
Noobpod
noobpod

Postby Jamie990 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:21 am

Have a look on here http://www.rpg-site.com/ found it quite a good site, regularly updated and helpful reviews as well.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby Gaucho » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:11 am

i didn't like any Zenonia games, and Aralon:Sword and Shadow felt hollow and weak. I've played ALOT of ios rpg's and never felt satisfied... until i found The Quest ofcourse. But apart from The Quest and it's expansions i can recommend Bastion (if played with the annoying narration off), and the port of the original Shining force is a true classic. There is also Dungeoned ofcourse which is more of a puzzle/rpg but alot of fun. The recently ported FFVI is a true classic.
Gaucho

Postby TheObsidian » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Dungeon Explorer is good. Lots of puzzles, but shallow plot. The maps get more expansive and more difficult as you progress.
"This won't stop your soul from getting ripped out, but at least you'll look good when your corpse hits the ground."
TheObsidian

Postby Prickett » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:41 am

Undercroft is really good too; it's a party based RPG as well. Fairly good story, and very long game. Best of all, it's free, and no ads! (Except the RuneScape one at the opening.)
Prickett

Postby TheObsidian » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:30 am

Prickett wrote:Undercroft is really good too; it's a party based RPG as well. Fairly good story, and very long story. Best of all, it's free, and no ads! (Except the RuneScape of at the opening.)

Undercroft looks awesome! Downloading it now. You're the man, Prickett!
TheObsidian

Postby Prickett » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Happy to help!
Prickett

Postby wolf3167 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:37 pm

I recommend Doom and Destiny. Great little indie project, reminds me of old-school Final Fantasy games with a whole lot of crude humor thrown in as well as loads of side and post game content. I couldn't get into under croft when I tried it a couple years ago. May retry it.
wolf3167

Postby Prickett » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:21 am

Yeah, I could see how someone wouldn't get into it. Although it doesn't have the depth or difficulty of most RPGs, I do find it enjoyable. And when I say "difficulty", I mean in combat. The puzzles are plenty difficult, and require quite a bit a thought.
Prickett

Postby abstractcolors215 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:46 am

Yea, I played Undercroft and finished it. I liked it..I tried replaying it, but I couldn't get into it a second time. Ravensword 2 looks like a very interesting game! I bought it, I'm gonna play that. It looks like a game I can really get into! I'm one of those people who LOVED The Elder Scrolls! :P I had Oblivion, I never played Skyrim. Looks like Ravensword 2 might be kinda like Elder Scrolls. I played Ravensword (the first one), liked it, but again, couldn't get into it a second time. AND I have Aralon. It was OK, I'll try to play a second time. So those are some other good RPGs (besides this gem of a game, TQ) that I've located in the APP store! (Oh! and I have all the Final Fantasys that are in the APP store! Those are great if you like JRPGs!) I think I might be a video game junkie! :P Oh Well! :D
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby TheObsidian » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 am

I bought Ravensword 2 like two years ago. It's really good. The music is enchanting, but the magic system was garbage. I was so sad because I'm a heavy magic user. heard they fixed up a buncha stuff though, but I couldn't play it a second time. Lost the charm.

Aralon keeps it going though. Easy to max out on level unfortunately. TQ is literally the only game with so many expansions that it makes leveling a consistent and challenging endeavor!
"This won't stop your soul from getting ripped out, but at least you'll look good when your corpse hits the ground."
TheObsidian

Postby abstractcolors215 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Really? hopefully they updated Ravensword2 & fixed up the magic. I prefer a mixture of magic & melee (I'm a battlemage in TQ) so I definitely want a good magic system..When I started playing it for the first few minutes, I was enthralled w/ the game, but I didnt get out of the city, so I didn't get to try the magic! LoL.. :P I'm happy to hear the music was really good, I LOVE the soundtrax of games, one of the MOST Important parts of the game to me! :] Aralon was pretty good, I'm going to go thru it again, but Ravensword2 grabbed me more. Right now I'm going thru TQ + all the expansions! :P TQ has MAJOR replay value & basically Rules the APP store! :D
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby Prickett » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:09 am

You know, I really do believe TQ would rule the App Store, if only it was more well known. It's a pity it isn't.
Prickett

Postby abstractcolors215 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 am

LoL..Well yea, thats true..I guess I meant for me, it rules on the APP store! :P
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby Prickett » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:58 am

Yes, me too. Easily the best game on the App Store.
Prickett

Return to Off Topic