Tester needed for ios Elemental Asteroids

The place for discussing and testing currently developed expansions.

Re: Tester needed for ios Elemental Asteroids

Postby Catacomber » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:55 am

OK. Are you happy with having a shop or would you prefer to give a quest or open a small dungeon or live in a palace or pyramid or some similar grander place? A pyramid would be a little tough to do. ; 0

My testers have always been in a guild or had a shop but here there is not really a guild so you have your shop.

You do have your shop near the beginning of the game so you get a chance to give the player some useful gear.

I appreciate your help.
Catacomber

Postby CEZben » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:49 am

I'm fine with a shop
CEZben

Postby wolf3167 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:55 pm

I wouldn't mind giving a quest so that the player doesn't just waltz in and get an über powerful bow. Something like going into a dungeon or killing a toug monster would be good, but it's up to you.
wolf3167

Postby Catacomber » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:25 pm

I'll give you both a small dungeon. : )
Catacomber

Postby CEZben » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:54 am

Ok cool! Can my boss be like a more powerful fire dragon monster like the on in the for asteroid
CEZben

Postby wolf3167 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:58 am

Sweet!
wolf3167

Postby Catacomber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:46 am

CEZben wrote:Ok cool! Can my boss be like a more powerful fire dragon monster like the on in the for asteroid

I think so!
Catacomber

Postby DeMenchev » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:01 am

CEZben wrote:I'm fine with a shop

It's not very comfortable.
Cat, this list of useless and cheating items sold for a fixed price is bad.
wolf3167 wrote:I wouldn't mind giving a quest so that the player doesn't just waltz in and get an über powerful bow. Something like going into a dungeon or killing a toug monster would be good, but it's up to you.

It's not a very good idea. Have you finished the expansion?
CEZben wrote:Ok cool! Can my boss be like a more powerful fire dragon monster like the on in the for asteroid

Finish the expansion first. There's a sidequest where you have to defeat lots of master dragons and the reward is great. If you find them too weak, you've either cheated or simply haven't been there.

Such things make expansions worse. Just like Celtic III, HOL 4/5, Attack and so on - high-level you call them. They're either unplayable or too easy.

It's not a complete RPG without a little balance.

The water enemies are not as hard as the Other dimension's beasts in Freymore :|
DeMenchev

Postby Catacomber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:39 am

@DeMenchev--I don't think it's fair to ask the testers to finish the whole expansion before they test their dungeons--besides I have to put access to their dungeons in their shops in Bubble City, which is close to the beginning.

And believe it or not I make mistakes in coding so the new dungeons really, really need testing before any finishing of the game.

I'm very happy to have two such active and interested testers.

@DeMenchev, I'm going to use the file I have and put in the two new dungeons. We really have to balance the happiness of all the players who are out there, not just the game. I never got one complaint about balance from all the thousands of testers who have emailed me over the past five years.

I don't think anyone has to do anything more until those two new dungeons are in. And then I'd like you all to test those before you do anything else as they will be new and most likely to have all the little errors I generally make. : ) They'll be gotten to by your shops in Bubble City so they'll be near the beginning of the game and I'll leave you some strong gear if you enter so you can survive. : )

I want you guys to enjoy not just the expansion but your creativity in testing and making it a new world.

: )

So don't do anything more until you get the new file with your dungeons in. I'm sure you'll be just as excited to try those dungeons as I am to put them in. I need a few days to put them in. : )

Thanks for your help. You'll have to have a password to enter those dungeons so you might have to play through a bit more of the game to get to them. : )
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:18 am

If the early on monsters need to be lowered in the next go round, please let me know. I'm going to use the file I have to make the next file you get.
Catacomber

Postby CEZben » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Catacomber wrote:If the early on monsters need to be lowered in the next go round, please let me know. I'm going to use the file I have to make the next file you get.

The monsters are fine if you are playing as an expansion but I've noticed that they are quite hard if you are playing it as standalone
CEZben

Postby wolf3167 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Alright Cat I haven't been testing for the past few days and wont for a day or 2 bc of a family death but am ready to get back to it. I a excited about being able to test a new dungeon.
DeMenchev- I understand completely that the player has to have balance, but it doesn't seem like walking into a shop and being given a weapon is balance. As Cat said the dungeons are close to the start which means that it would most likely just be a small side-goal to gear up for the challenges ahead. And yes I gave up on playing high-level characters just because of how imbalanced the later expansions were. I played through HOLV and Attack from Asteroids and will probably never touch them again.
And also, no the monsters are fine so try dont need to be lowered whatsoever.
wolf3167

Postby Catacomber » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:33 am

@wolf3167--I'm sorry to hear of the death in your family.

Let me put in the dungeons and then let's talk about whether they are balanced or not. : )

And the items you sell. It's not hard to tweak items but

remember---the high level players who like to max out their guys/gals and like to collect at least something new that they can use in their inventory---will be playing this and they are the bulk of our players.

How do you make them happy too. : )

Some of you are just coming to the Quest but there are players out there who have played it and the expansions over the past five years and I really have to keep them happy too, somehow. : ) They like to have at least a few uber items.
Catacomber

Postby wolf3167 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:09 am

You could expand on the idea presented in the Cursed Chess Set and add separate high level dungeons. Obviously you would have to work on it but if every expansion had 2 or 3 of those with an über-powerful boss at the end that dropped an epic item that would satisfy the high and low-leveled players because:
1- High-leveled players would get their gear
2- It wouldn't imbalance the expansion for low-leveled players
3-It would be completely optional, so if you didn't want the item or weren't up to the challenge, they just won't do it.
4- It seems to be a better solution for especially low level expansions (this, CCS, Celtic I,II etc) because you aren't just given powerful items right off the bat. The exception is if you are playing as a standalone.
This idea is probably nowhere near perfect and you could probably point out a few flaws or make some adjustments, but I am throwing out another idea to please all players.
wolf3167

Postby Catacomber » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:17 am

wolf3167 wrote:You could expand on the idea presented in the Cursed Chess Set and add separate high level dungeons. Obviously you would have to work on it but if every expansion had 2 or 3 of those with an über-powerful boss at the end that dropped an epic item that would satisfy the high and low-leveled players because:
1- High-leveled players would get their gear
2- It wouldn't imbalance the expansion for low-leveled players
3-It would be completely optional, so if you didn't want the item or weren't up to the challenge, they just won't do it.
4- It seems to be a better solution for especially low level expansions (this, CCS, Celtic I,II etc) because you aren't just given powerful items right off the bat. The exception is if you are playing as a standalone.
This idea is probably nowhere near perfect and you could probably point out a few flaws or make some adjustments, but I am throwing out another idea to please all players.

This is what I was thinking of----let me remember how I did it in Cursed Chess Set---I think you got a quest---I can look back and see. I think this would satisfy the high and low guys/gals.

@DeMenchev---what do you mean when you say the items are worthless? What would you rather have the items be? They have to be good enough to give CEZ and wolf good items and to give reasonably enchanted items and bow/arrow items in the game. What did I not do there?
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:18 am

Two new quests are in.

For CEZBen, Bubble City, find and defeat the Scarlet Captain, leader of the Brotherhood of the Red Talon.

For Wolf3167, Bubble City, find the lost treasure of the Master Thief Pranesh Dhar in the Ravaged City and bring it back to him for your share.

Tested them myself and have sent the file to Elendil. Thanks for your help!

I think someone playing the standalone game after a long, long time could defeat the monsters here but these dungeons and items are really meant for the long-time players who have reached high levels and they need to have some rewards in the game too.
Catacomber

Postby CEZben » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:36 am

i wont be anle to test any new versions, sorry! :(
my dinosaur computer has finaly broke :(
CEZben

Postby wolf3167 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Dinosaur computer?
wolf3167

Postby CEZben » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:01 pm

REALLY old computer
CEZben

Postby wolf3167 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Oh I misunderstood you haha. I thought you meant a computer with a dinosaur on it.
wolf3167

Postby CEZben » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:56 pm

anyways... i can only test the version i have because the computer broke
CEZben

Postby Catacomber » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 am

CEZben wrote:anyways... i can only test the version i have because the computer broke

That's fine. Wolf and I can test your dungeon. : ) Please let me know if you find any bugs in the version you have as I didn't change anything except your dungeons and putting you both in the credits.

I'd like to know, Wolf, if any of the special items that CEZben or you sell need to be adjusted. And whether you can get very far in the two new dungeons. : ) Someone playing their own save file would have a better chance.

Thanks for your help.
Catacomber

Postby wolf3167 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:13 am

Alright, just tell me what level my character needs to be and will do. Also I just switched computers so may have some trouble loading the new file. Should be able to manage.
wolf3167

Postby JackDandiels » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:15 am

Hey cata, sorry for being unreliable the last time. Elendil just sent me an email of the game a few days ago so apparently I'm back into the beta-testing team. I'll try to be to be as active as i can with the game. :)
JackDandiels

Postby Catacomber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:31 am

JackDandiels wrote:Hey cata, sorry for being unreliable the last time. Elendil just sent me an email of the game a few days ago so apparently I'm back into the beta-testing team. I'll try to be to be as active as i can with the game. :)

That's great. Let me put you in the game -- what kind of item would you like. What kind of shop would you like. Would you like a small dungeon. High level or low level. : )

@Wolf. You'll need to be level 75-100 at least to fight those monsters I think. If you are used to enchanting it should help. Haven't gotten there myself yet but they're level 200 monsters.

Keeping in mind we have to balance the expansion not just for those players who are coming to it as a low level expansion but for those who are already high level--they need to have some excitement.

Once we made high level dungeons, we got high level players and I know from my own experience, once you're high level, you never want to go back. So there has to be enough interest in the quests and some dungeon somewhere for the high level players. I think the quests are satisfying enough and now we have some high level dungeons.
Catacomber

PreviousNext

Return to Expansions in Development