New Game

Post here about anything which is not about gameplay or the site.

Re: New Game

Postby TheSuperSteve » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:46 pm

So far, this game sounds absolutely amazing. I have a soft spot for card games. They require so much thinking and forethought. After playing a few games, your brain feels much more agile in solving problems. I haven’t played a good one in ages until I played the one in The Quest’s inns.

I have a few questions about it though if you don’t mind. Will it be iOS universal? iCloud save syncing? Android version in addition to iOS?

Also, to the rest of you guys in the thread; “My voice gives me super strength!”. :D
TheSuperSteve

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Well, I don't think the card game in The Quest is a very good one, but it's OK for a built-in minigame. : )

Our new game will be released for as many devices as possible, but I can't tell you exact details yet. iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac and PC versions are all planned, and probably there will be one for the Android market too.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Well, I don't think the card game in The Quest is a very good one, but it's OK for a built-in minigame. : )

Our new game will be released for as many devices as possible, but I can't tell you exact details yet. iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac and PC versions are all planned, and probably there will be one for the Android market too.

I'm glad you're going for such a wide range of platforms. Have you thought of putting it on Steam or something similar?
Noobpod
noobpod

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:56 am

Yes, of course, it will be on Steam too. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Yes, of course, it will be on Steam too. : )

That's good! I'll probably buy it on Steam or iOS.
Noobpod
noobpod

Postby Bryan Miller » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:01 pm

That's good to see that your making it for android too. That will really help build the community here because of all the ppl who have androids nowadays!
Bryan Miller

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Yes, that would help but still the iOS is the best for gaming and for building a game community. Of course you have to have some new, fresh good games to do that. : )
By the way, sorry for the long pause, this game is a very complex one and the program has some bugs because of that. Right now Elendil works hard to rewrite the problematic parts. We'll be back soon!
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Yes, that would help but still the iOS is the best for gaming and for building a game community. Of course you have to have some new, fresh good games to do that. : )
By the way, sorry for the long pause, this game is a very complex one and the program has some bugs because of that. Right now Elendil works hard to rewrite the problematic parts. We'll be back soon!

Why is iOS best for building a community? I would think that PC would be best for that. :?: :?
Noobpod
noobpod

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:22 am

It's a personal experience as a game developer. : ) And it was mostly an answer to a question about an Android version.
PC is good too but only if you have a high enough quality game - The Quest is not that because it was designed for PDA devices long ago. See, even Steam didn't let us put this game on their site. But it doesn't matter now.
The whole game was not really popular until it got an iOS version. So most of the community of The Quest came from iOS users.
But yes, if you have a popular enough PC game, that is the best choice for building community. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby feralway » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Can't wait for this game :)
feralway

Postby appthief » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:40 pm

IMO, Android will smoke iOS in 5 years or less. User friendliness is the main issue here. As an iOS user, I can honestly say that the PRODUCT from Apple is fantastic. The way they make you a slave to iTunes is absurd. The only way to fully enjoy ALL the capabilities of an iDevice is to jailbreak it. The only thing I use iTunes for now is to backup my device to my pc. For a game/app developer, iTunes is the preferred platform, if you want to make sure you get paid. It is far easier to pirate apps on the Android platform than it is iOS. There are SO many wonderful things available for iDevices that no one ever sees because big brother apple says no. It really is a shame. Oh yeah, great games! Keep 'em coming!
I may not be fast, but I am constant.
appthief

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Yes, I also don't really like the way Apple does the business but as a developer this is the perfect way. : ) So now it's the best platform for us and when things will change we'll follow them of course - we have to do that to keep us alive as a little indie company.
And yes, probably you're right about Android will smoke iOS in 5 years... I would be not surprised because it remembers me the way the big homecomputer-creators did their business about 20 years ago - my personal favorite was the Amiga (and I still like it better than the PC), which was a very focused and strict platform with no real changes or evolutions but the PC "overtook" it because of the strategy Android has now.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:42 am

Out of curiosity are you guys going to do a trailer or make the game a website?
noobpod

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:44 am

Yes, of course we'll have both. : ) But I can't tell you exact date, sorry.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:49 am

Ok, I'll keep watching for 'em! Also, do know what you're going to name the game yet?
noobpod

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:00 am

That's the big-big question now, we're thinking about that since weeks... So no, the game has no name yet. : ) I had plenty of ideas but Elendil turned them down. All. : ) But I'm still thinking. I already made some pictures for advertisement but the title is missing so I can't use them. I also want to start a new forum for the game but until it has no name I can't start the forum...
So if you have any good idea for the title of a fantasy card game, just post it here. It must be short (one word is the best) and it must be rare because we don't want a copyright war with other gamemaking companies.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby ll1728 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:37 pm

The game that will be like a mix of Legacy and the Quest is gonna rock the house. Im having a heck of a lot of fun with the base game of the Quest. Im hoping to try an expansion pack after that. But back to the other game, its gonna be awesome because its not only an oldschool party based game, but even moreso, it will mix what works with the quest, with the oldschool feeling of Legacy.

And to top it off, make it modable and Zarista will be content :mrgreen:
"The problem with arguments on the internet is that you can't win, you will never know that person's location"
-Lucien Leblanc

"A whore, but with purpose....fascinating"
ll1728

Postby Sanchez » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:37 am

I think... The Quelstgacy.
Sanchez

Postby DeMenchev » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:42 am

Redshift,
Are you going to work on another super RPG after you release this quality card stuff?
I mean the one "Legacy 3" or smth? Where you can fly and smash the Beraquel tower so that it collapses? *just kidding* :lol:
Just wondering :roll:

The Quest is a real masterpiece :D ... It's not only just as great, it's atmospheric, the story is rich, the graphics are great and much, much more...
You've made fantastic low-end stuff so far. Hope there'll be even more!
DeMenchev

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks for the nice words! Yes, we plan to do a new RPG - it will contain all the positive things in Legacy and in The Quest, of course. With better graphic engine, but the same oldschool feeling.
But this will happen only after we release the card game. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Any news on the card game?
Noobpod
noobpod

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:26 pm

We are working on it. :mrgreen:

We know it's not much to go on, but that's how it is. When it'll be ready, it'll have taken way too much time for what it is, but nonetheless it'll be a fun little card game.

We might involve a few testers in the near future, for testing out gameplay ideas.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby noobpod » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:14 am

Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be great :D And I'm always open if you need a tester. 8-)
Noobpod
noobpod

Postby Recruit17 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:52 am

Jeebus, haven't you guys been working on that game for years now? I understand that you're only a couple guys, and that you probably have other jobs, but how long does it take to make a iOS card game? But what the hell do I know? If you need testers, PICK ME! :D
Recruit17

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:33 pm

The programming took that much time - the graphics and design part is already done since years. : ) But the game is not that simple, sometimes we thought it's OK but then small errors occured which just got bigger with time during the gameplay... So Elendil had to rewrite the whole engine. And again, and again. : ) Now it's finally almost done, I mean the main engine which can handle 120 different cards with their almost endless combinations. Now we have to polish it to get a better gameplay, then we have to build the game itself around the naked card game system (where you can see only the table and the cards). The first tests will start after this polishing (hopefully soon) and during the betatesting months we'll build the game itself around the card playing system.
BTW, Recruit17, it's not just an iOS game, but it will have iOS port too, of course. Anyway, you'll be on our betatesting list. : )
Sylon / Redshift

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic