Whats the Status on Next Game?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Whats the Status on Next Game?

Postby ll1728 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Well I tried to get this on gog but still in progress. Is the company doing well or should I ask what/when the card game is out? That is what is working on right now right?
"The problem with arguments on the internet is that you can't win, you will never know that person's location"
-Lucien Leblanc

"A whore, but with purpose....fascinating"
ll1728

Re: Whats the Status on Next Game?

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:04 pm

First of all thanks for all the patience you (and a few others) have for this card game. Yes, you don't have to worry, the company (Redshift) is doing well but now the situation is more complex than a few months earlier. It's because...
...Stewe, our previous programmer (who made the main game engine for games like Legacy or The Quest) is finally BACK. : ) Yes, after six years he finally returned to us and now we are developing two games at once.
First of course Elendil and I will finish and release the card game - it's still in progress because now Elendil must help Stewe to create...
...a brand new Role Playing Game! It will contain all the good elements of both Legacy (party based system) and The Quest (open world, detailed character development, etc). It will continue The Quest's story, with a great twist in it. And of course it will be bigger, better, with much better graphics, etc. It will have no real graphic engine limits like The Quest had so we'll be able to release it on all device/OS types we can get (iOS, Android, PC, Mac, etc).
We are just started working on it a few weeks ago. I already wrote the story and am working on all the graphics in a fulltime job, every day. (It will have very detailed, high resolution art so no matter how extreme hi-res iPads are coming, the game will run and look perfectly on all of them. : ) Stewe is working on the game engine, right now he's developing the party-based game system. While Elendil is working simultaneously on finishing the card game and on the new RPG's graphic engine.
So hang on, 2014 will be a very great year for all Redshift lovers! : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby wolf3167 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Awesome!
wolf3167

Postby DeMenchev » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:48 am

That's great to hear!
I'd no idea you guys could get on and keep making magnificent stuff like never before :)
Two gorgeous mobile (or not) games coming soon, yeah?
Looking forward to playing them both! :D
DeMenchev

Postby abstractcolors215 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:49 am

This is GREAT NEWS!! :D I'm currently playing Quest, I'm on HOL3 right now! I know this has been said before, but I'll say it again! THIS GAME IS AWESOME! TRULY FUN AND ENTERTAINING. I love the graphics, theyre so nicely done! The storyline is immensely interesting, and the game is..very huge! And it's a long game too! I LOVE IT!! :D I will be playing The Quest many times, thats for sure! I'll be downloading the new card game and the new RPG you guys are working on when they come out! Thank you very much for the update on the games!! :D You've got some excited Redshift fans out there! :)
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby ll1728 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:53 am

I guess dreams do come true. You guys keep at it but take breaks in between. This is very heartening as Ive come to love party based rpgs. I think that If anything I must at least complete Legacy to know what is going on the beginning.

Im gonna spread the word to forums out there, you guys deserve all the support you need. When my brother opens up his beer-brewing business, you guys will get the first ones on the house! :D
"The problem with arguments on the internet is that you can't win, you will never know that person's location"
-Lucien Leblanc

"A whore, but with purpose....fascinating"
ll1728

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Thanks, guys! We'll do the best we can, of course. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Prickett » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Wait, does that mean that you guys can add stuff to the games and make fixes on them. Because that would be great!
Prickett

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:11 am

Well, now we are concentrating on our new projects, so no serious updates will come for our older games...
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Prickett » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:40 am

Oh ok
Prickett

Postby noobpod » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:11 am

Glad to hear Stewie is back. Can't wait for any future games from you guys!
Noobpod
noobpod

Postby bonesreturns » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:50 am

WHAT ABOUT A THE QUEST 2 WITH 3D GRAPHICS!!!! that would be great!!!
When you look back at posts from a few years ago and your general writing ability was more comparable to an ape tripping on LSD and slamming the keyboard with its fists than an actual human being...
bonesreturns

Postby 1896MarineBand » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:38 pm

That's wonderful news!
1896MarineBand

Postby jnmiah » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:31 am

That is amazing!
jnmiah

Postby Maugrim222 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:45 pm

Hello,

First, I loved the first game and finished it at least 3 times.
I was wondering what the status of the next game is?
Maugrim222

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:18 pm

Please check the "Other Games" forums here, like The Quest 2 or Grendelmoore to know more about these new projects.
Sylon / Redshift

Return to General Discussion