"The Quest Blog: Thief Class"

An ontopic place for our games' online community.

"The Quest Blog: Thief Class"

Postby CEZben » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:31 am

I have decided to make a blog for the thieves! If you want to see me do ANY quests, feel free to post and I will try to do them as soon as possible. Credit for this idea goes to Wolf3167.
So without further ado...

"THE QUEST BLOG: THIEF CLASS"

Backstory: Daren has dark-brown hair, brown eyes, and slightly tanned skin.
When he was a teenage youth he was caught stealing apples from the fruit vendor. He was sentenced to 3 years in prison but talked his way out of it in court. As Daren got older he decided to learn how to fight. He couldn't lift stuff that was that heavy so he used daggers and short swords mostly. Daren also had a weak back so he stole a cloak and some boots from the armory. He also stole a Bow, some Cheapo Arrows, some Boots, and a Wooden Shield. He was caught by some guards while participating in a mercenary mission but a kind old man saved him and brought him to the palace to see the King. You see, the King had heard of his deeds and had decided he was perfect for the mission to freymore. The King then sent him out on the first ship to Matras. Thus begins our quest!

Chapter I

Daren arrived at matras tired and at night. And wandered around the docks asking for derections. Suddenly, a man walked out of the shadows and tells Daren that a message is waiting for him at the Inn. Daren asked the strange man how to get there and found the directions easy to follow. He walked around town following the directions and arrived at the inn in about fifteen minutes. Inside the Inn, Daren asked the innkeeper about a message. The Innkeeper said that a man named Bryl was looking for an adventurer. The innkeeper made a lame joke about Bryl's snails while Daren laughed nervously. The Innkeeper then told Daren that he didn't look like he could fight anything but toys. "How rude!" Daren thought to himself on his way to his room he had purchased for the night. Daren woke up in the morning and had forgotten where The innkeeper had said Bryl lived. He walked down the stairs and asked him. "My word! Have you forgotten already? Well, Bryl lives in the western section of the town." Said the innkeeper. Daren walked outside and asked the townsfolk where this western section of town this "Bryl" was supposed to be in was. He was told "You dummie! It's the WESTERN section of the town! Just go west and you'll see it." So Daren went and knocked on the door next to the prison. By sheer luck it happened to belong to a chubby man named Bryl looking at a container full of snails. Daren said, "I was told at the tavern that you had a message for me." Bryl looked up from his snails and said, "Hail to Mersant! It seems you are late my friend, I have been waiting days for you to arrive! You don't look like much more than a child, but you will learn." Daren asked him some questions about Matras and was told to go talk with the Mayor. So Daren walked around and found the Mayor's house two houses down from the tavern. Along the way he noticed items in the pots around town and made a mental note to look at those later on. Daren knocked on the Mayor's door and heard a weak raspy voice say, "Who is it! Can't you hear I'm sick!" Daren said, "My lord Mayor, I was told to ask you about the towns sickness." The Mayor calls you in and tells you to go look for the source of the infection and to ask "Jose" the innkeeper for more information. Daren walked back over to the tavern and asked about the sickness. Jose told him about how he could not bury his reletives because the gravediggers had hit a cave and released toxic gas into the atmosphere, he notices the reward slip the Mayor has given you to fix this problem and says he will also reward you to fix the problem so he can bury his family in peace. He also says to talk with the alchemist about the cure for the sickness. So Daren walked over to the potion shop and asked the alchemist about the cure for this terrible desease. The alchemist looks up from his work and says, "I have determined a weakness for this toxic gas." The alchemist stops talking and Daren says, "Continue." The alchemist tells him of a weakness the gas has against searing hot flames. Daren says thank you and leaves to collect all the items from the pots around town. After gathering up everything, Daren counted up the items totaling: One Stick, One Cure Paralsyis potion, one Restore Unholy potion, scroll of Burning Hand, a spellbook of Cure Light Wounds, a scroll of Cure Light Wounds, a scroll of Resist Poison, a scroll of Shield, a wand of Resist Poison, a Small Fortify Melee potion, a Black Beer, a Beginners Lockpick, a Cure Poison potion, a Helm, 45 Gold Coins, some Cheap Arrows, and a piece of Rope.
(You may not have gotten some of these items. Sorry... as I do not control item spawning.)
Daren then went to all the stores and sold his Helm, Small Restore Unholy potion, Small Melee potion, read his Cure Light Wounds book and sold that. After doing all he could that day, Daren decided to turn in for the night.

End of Post I

STATS: level: 1, Exp: 0,
Atk: 5-8, Ac: 4, Health: 60,
Mana:100, Gold, 768

Thanks for reading!
I hope this brings some life back to these forums! :)
(Credits to wolf3167 again for thinking up this blog idea)
CEZben

Re: "The Quest Blog: Thief Class"

Postby CEZben » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:39 am

I know that I did not post very much progress but I went for entertainment instead of very little in-depth.
CEZben

Postby wolf3167 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:17 am

Good, except for some minor (and major) grammatical and spelling errors. However, the content of the post is good!
wolf3167

Postby CEZben » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Umm... was the period suppose to come AFTER the parentheses? I always mix that up.
CEZben

Postby wolf3167 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:30 pm

You got the parentheses right, but I mainly meant the usage errors and run-on sentences. What stood out the most was the run-ons. As an English and Latin teacher that's one of my big peeves. :)
wolf3167

Postby CEZben » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Oh, sorry :( I am only 13 and my worst subject is English.

EDIT: I fixed some Run-Ons. (I think) Please tell me in the comments whenever you see me mess it up and I'll try to fix it.
CEZben

Postby wolf3167 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:52 pm

Haha it's just a forum post- no big deal but I was thinking- if we are both going to be posting these blogs, we may as well cover different material. If you want, we can work out a plan for that via email or something. For example, if when Vlad finishes the main game he does Ice and Fire, then when Daren finished it he would do a different expansion. Just a thought.
wolf3167

Postby Prickett » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:55 pm

That's actually a good idea. I think that would boost the amt of readers for Daren.
Prickett

Postby CEZben » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:01 am

Well i had wanted to play as nogor but i chose siery thief becuase you already did nogor. Maybe i'll do hol1 (i've never beat that one before (just skipped to hol2)
CEZben

Postby CEZben » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 pm

"The Quest Blog, Thief Class" Post II

Daren left the Inn full of energy. He walked into the bazaar and bought a Frayed Cap and a spellbook of Recall. Daren read the spellbook and then sold it back for considerably less money. Daren then walked to the graveyard and found two undead skeletons walking around. After killing them, Daren went down into the hole to find a cobweb with two bats behind it. He broke the cobweb and killed the bats before exploring the room to find a Cure Poison potion. Daren was still exploring the cave when a venomous bat flew at his face screeching madly. Daren cut down the bat with his dagger but was poisoned badly in the fight. Daren only had a little life left after fighting everything so he drunk some Cure Poison and Hp potions. Daren walked down the path that the bat flew out of to find the disasterous gas bubbling out of the ground. He realised the tunnel was unstable so he hit the pocket of gas and some rocks fell and blocked of the cavern and the smell. Daren continued exploring and found a small tunnel leading to some more skeletons behind a cobweb. Daren killed the skeletons using a potion because they were very tough and leveled up to 2!
I put 2 points into Endurance and dexterity and 1 point into personality. I put 2 points into Light Weapon, and Light Armor, Stealth, and Accuracy. And I put 1 point into Mercantile and Persuade.
He also picked up some Throwing Knives, a Purple Fairy Ring flower, and a spellbook of Magic Missile.
Daren didn't have any potions left so he took a nap. He woke up after his nap and walked even deeper into the tunnel and found a book about undead magic. He tucked this into his bag thinking he would sell it to someone. Then Daren found a fragile skull on a shelf and he stuffed that into his bag as well. Daren walked over to the other side of the room where a coffin was laying and read the inscription on it, "Duu, the cursed." Daren thought to himself, "I'm not afraid of curses." He touched the coffin and felt breath across the back of his neck. Daren jumped around and came face to sickly green face with the cursed ghost of Duu. He fought a hard battle using his Dagger, and his magic. Daren also used a scroll of Shield and a scroll of Burning Hand. Daren looted a scroll of Unholy Pray and some coins from the corpse of the spirit. He explored this room and found a small brown button on a wall that opened up a passageway. Daren walked through the passageway to find the storeroom and realised it was chock full of illegal goods. He thought to himself, "I could use some of these items on my journey." So Daren looted all of the barrels and shelves getting a scroll of Burning Hand, a small Resist Magic potion, a scroll of Weak Disarm, some wooden arrows, a Cure Poison potion, a Small Feather potion, some Fur boots, a scroll of Magic Missile, a scroll of Cure Wart, a Black Beer, a wand of Create Food, a Carved ring, some leather boots, a Small Restor Mana potion, a scroll of Detect Mind, a Dispel potion, some Knives, a Small Wooden Shield, Frayed Leather Armor, 70 Gold Coins, a scroll of Damage Living, and a Cloth Cape. (Again, keep in mind that you could get something else) Daren went out the storehouse door and walked over to tell the mayor about the gas and the storehouse. He arrived at the Mayor's house to tell the Mayor but the Mayor said he wouldn't believe him until he got better. So Daren walked over to the inn and slept for a while. Daren woke up refreshed after his long battles and went to ask the Mayor again. The Mayor said he still felt sick and to come back later. So Daren walked around town and sold all his cheap loot and stuff he couldn't use. Daren bought a spellbook of Mark and a and marked his position so he could return anytime he needed to. Daren still had some time left so he decided to walk over to the east port and see what was going on over there. On his way over he passed a prostitute crying in a gap in the wall. Daren asked her what was wrong and she said the Innkeeper had done something to her and she wants you to steal his money from his storeroom and share it with her. Daren decided he would help her because he needed some money and had heard that the Mayor also had an unlocked window at night. Daren waited until nightfall and stole 800 gold, five Meat, five Bread, and five Black Beers (Which Daren sold) from his window. He then walked over to the Mayor's house and found a window that was unlocked over there too. Daren opened the window and took sixty Gold, a Cheap Mace (Which he equipped and sold his dagger), and a Gold Amulet(Equipped this too) from it. He ran back to the prostitute and told her that he had stole it but it was more than she thought he had and she said she'd clear his crimes because he was honest. Daren rented a room at the Inn and slept until morning. Then he walked back over to the Mayor's house and asked about his sickness again. The Mayor looked up and said in a deep and commanding voice, "I'm cured! I'm cured! Thank you so very much Daren! Here is 500 gold for your troubles." Daren the asked about the smuggling and told the mayor that the smugglers use the storehouse for their items and got 300 hundred more gold! Daren walked over to the Inn and played cards for a while, thinking about his long week.

End of Blog Post II!

STATS: level: 2, Exp: 605,
Atk: 5-12, Ac: 5, Hp: 73,
Mana: 100, Gold: 2135

(Note: I forgot to post my main skills in the first post so I'll post them now)
Light weapon, Light Armor, Accuracy, Persuade, Mercantile, Stealth.

Thanks For Reading! As always, feel free to post below as to mistakes I made, quests I should do, and ideas I should add.
CEZben

Postby CEZben » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:03 am

sorry about not posting lately. I have been busy with X-mas, family AND our internet cut off for a few days but im back and ill be posting a soon as i can
CEZben

Postby wolf3167 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:14 am

If you're a thief, why use heavy armor? Kind of takes away from the thief thing if you get what I mean. As for it "not being as good", it has more enchant storage than heavy armor and every player wears a cloak and a belt, most of which are light.
wolf3167

Postby CEZben » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:39 pm

because thieves use a lot of dexterity, and dexterity gives BOTH heavy armor and light armor points. It doesnt really matter if you have a lot of dexterity. But I ser your point, I will change the posts to light armor and start pver my game as I'm only just finished the first quests.

EDIT: (The reason I used heavy armor is because I've NEVER beaten the quest without dying with
light)
CEZben

Return to Blogs / Contests