Game crashes repeatedly when casting disarm

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Game crashes repeatedly when casting disarm

Postby ajbellamy79 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:42 am

Anybody else dealt with this? Fixes?
(iOS 8 , iPhone 6)
ajbellamy79

Re: Game crashes repeatedly when casting disarm

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:04 am

No one else reported something like that.

My first guess would be a corrupted install. The solution would be to copy your save files to your computer, delete the game, then redownload/reinstall it and then copy the save files back. (Please see the first topic on more info on how to transfer save files.)

If the game still crashes, please send us a save file and a short description on how to reproduce the crash. (You can find our email address on the top of our homepage.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby ajbellamy79 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:31 am

I'll need to get you (Chillingo) a save file. I'll research how to do that. In the meantime, I have erased the game, rebooted my phone, and re-installed via wifi. (I wasn't that far into the game yet.) I create my character as a Seiry thief. As soon as the game starts (brand new game, brand new character, brand new save), if I hit the disarm spell once, the character's arms wave. If it hit it a second time, I find myself suddenly out of the game and staring at my iPhone's home screen (with all of the apps). Please test this on an iPhone 6 and let me know if you get the same result.

Thanks,

Adam
ajbellamy79

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Please don't send Chillingo anything. :) Thanks.

I've reproduced the problem. I'll look into it as soon as possible.

However any fixed version of The Quest has to go through Chillingo and Apple as usual, and they can take their time, which means it can take weeks before an update will appear in the Appstore.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues